Usage information for the Materials Explorer MXPL
MXPL provides four main categories and a file selection area
To work on a configuration select it in the file selection area. Depending
on the selected file, appropriate tool buttons will appear in the main
categories. Clicking on a tool button will start the application with the
- central file selection area -- list of configurations, monitor files
- Methods -- simulation tools for various algorithms
- Configuration -- direct manipulation of configurations
- Visualization -- different two- and three-dimensional visualization tools
- System -- system tools like load info and host list
The file selection area will display only files ending in ".cfg", ".mon" or
".log", depending on the selected option menu of the file selection area.
- Molecular Force Microscope a tool for selecting
and displacing individual monomers and 3D visualization of configurations
- Analysis tool -- analysis of static properties of a configuration
like pair-distributions, bond-length distribution etc.
- Vis2D -- 2D visualization of data with zoom and print to postscript file
- Fplot -- 2D visualization of multiple data
- Host list -- List of hosts for starting applications. This feature
requires rsh availability and nfs mounted file systems.
- Processor load -- visualization of the current 10s load average
of hosts in host list
How to add applications to MXPL
To find out what applications are available,
MXPL reads the file $MXPLHOME/etc/mxpl.apps at startup.
Each configuration file should have a keyword
Keys ... that together with the mxpl.apps file determines
which applications are available for this configuration. The full file format
of mxpl.apps is described here.
Back to the main MXPL page